#VegPower advert launches important campaign
Thousands of people have come forward to be a part...Read More
We are being regularly asked for the most up-to-date information on the exit and entry procedures for the market as we put the government’s COVID-19 guidelines into practice. As we have stated on many occasions, the market is not open to non-trade customers and as such, the landlord is refusing entry to anyone from the general public trying to access the market. All tenants have also been instructed not to serve non-trade customers, should they find their way into the market hall.
To follow is the Corporation of London’s latest update on entry and exit information, including charges, payment options and other requirements. Please contact the landlord for further information, using the contact details at the bottom of this page.
New Spitalfields Market is open to wholesale trade between the hours of midnight-9am Monday to Saturday only. It is a condition of exit that all transport companies, suppliers, customers and visitors to the market pay an exit fee prior to leaving the site.
Daily – free of charge; Annual charge – N/A
Cars and vans (per vehicle)
Daily – £2.00; Annual charge (season card) – £300.00
Articulated vehicles** (per vehicle)
Up to 12 hours on site – free of charge; 12-16 hours on site – £100.00; 16-24 hours on site – £300.00
**vehicles of 3.5m in height and 7.5+ tonnes in weight
• Onsite credit, debit and cash pay station machines are available.
• The XPARC mobile app can be downloaded from the Apple (iPhone and iPad) and Google (Android devices) stores. You will need to create an account and register once you have downloaded the app.
• An online payment portal can be accessed at www.newspitalfieldsentry.co.uk to purchase season cards for the following durations: 1 month – £25.00; 3 months – £75.00; 6 months – £150.00; 12 months – £300.00.
• Upon arrival to the market, all vehicle owners are given a 30-minute recess period to exit the site without a fee being applied.
• Any non-market personnel/traders that arrive before 09:00 but leave after this time will incur a second £2 charge from 09:00 (£4 total) unless they exit within the allotted 30-minute recess period.
• It is a requirement that between the hours of 09:00 and midnight, visitors to the market (including contractors) must ensure that the person/company that they are visiting informs the City of London team in advance and provide relevant name(s) and vehicle registration details. Refusal to the site often offends so please make sure your details are forwarded to us in good time for your visit.
• Any vehicle owner that is found responsible for defacing or damaging the entry/exit barriers will be subject to a £200 on-the-spot administration charge.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to New Spitalfields Market, if you require any assistance regarding the exit barrier process, or for general inquiries, please contact the City of London Administration Office between the hours of 07:00-3:30pm Monday to Friday on 020 8518 7670 (choosing option 3), or email the team at email@example.com